Apply for 101 Pianist !!
First New York 101 Pianists Event will take place at the Tilles Center for the Performing Arts of Long Island University (LIU) on October 26 at 4 pm.
Registration Deadline: June 6, 2014
- 100 piano students from New York State will be chosen to participate, through application and audition process, in the 101 Pianists Program with Lang Lang on Sunday, October 26, 2014 in the Tilles Center Concert Hall.
- Selected students will participate in a concert, guided by Lang Lang at 4pm. Prior to the concert, a two-hour master class, led by a designated master teacher, will take place on the concert hall stage.
- Each participants who is selected must prepare their assigned part (Primo or Secondo) of the two works listed below to performance standard in advance of the concert date.
(Click the titles to view scores)
- Marche Militaires, Op 51, No. 1 by F. Schubert (Primo)
- Marche Militaires, Op 51, No. 1 by F. Schubert (Secondo)
- Rondo Alla Turca, K. 331 by W.A. Mozart
- Applicant must be a New York State resident
- Ages 6-18 years old, NYSSMA level 3 or higher preferred.
- Participants are encouraged to apply as duos but individuals are also welcome.
- If selected to audition, students must be available to audition in person on June 21, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Tilles Center.
- If selected to participate and perform, students must be available from Saturday afternoon on October 25 and Sunday, October 26, 2014 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. for rehearsals, master class, and concert.
- Application Deadline: June 6, 2014. Students who are selected to audition will be contacted no later than June 15.
- Auditions: Saturday June 21, 9am-3pm.
- Audition piece: One solo piece or short excerpts of one long piece not to exceed two minutes. (Faster pieces are recommended to demonstrate dexterity. Memorization is not required.)
- Selection: 100 players and 6 alternates will receive notification of acceptance by July 6, 2014. Participants will be assigned with Primo or Secondo parts at this time.
- Registration: Selected students must register with a $50 non-refundable participation fee to accept and reserve their spots by July 20. If complete registration is not received by July 20, students from the alternate list will be registered.