Play It Forward®
Play It Forward® – A program of music & art giving inspiration & care
Play It Forward® provides a meaningful experience where the magic of creating and sharing music and art supports, nurtures and benefits individuals of all ages and abilities. The program lifts people up and opens the door to discovering and exploring the creativity around them and within them.
What is the Play It Forward® Program?
The Lang Lang International Music Foundation®, in conjunction with its Young Scholars and Volunteer Communities, brings the nurturing properties and joys of music to groups of all ages and abilities. Play It Forward® program will offer children, adults and/or seniors in hospitals, rehab centers, homeless shelters, community centers, senior centers, and more, the opportunity to exercise their imagination and creativity in order to experience active and positive participation in the magic that music and art provide. This uplifting experience has a lasting impact that stays with the individual beyond the session.
Program includes a Lang Lang International Music Foundation’s® Young Scholar to utilize his/her talents beyond the concert stage. Each event gives the young pianists the very special opportunity to perform for your group and enables the audience to share the physical and emotional benefits of listening to music and absorbing the sounds of a variety of classic pieces. The melody, harmony, and rhythm all become a catalyst for artistic self- expression.
We want our Young Scholars to take initiative and reach out to local communities and to offer their talents to those in needs. We believe that music is an universal language that will spark new connection and create a better world. Kindly look out for new events hosted by our young scholar in your local communities.
Research shows that music and art have a proven positive impact in many ways:
- Encourage the verbal/non-verbal self-expression of thoughts and feelings
- Help people process and work through pain and/or traumatic experiences
- Facilitate positive self-esteem, positive body image and/or adaptation to physical limitations
- Promote a sense of independence, feelings of control and problem- solving skills
- Create and retrieve memories through music and art experiences
- Learn effective techniques to self-manage depression, stress and anxiety
- Facilitate hand-eye coordination and gross motor skills while easing muscle tension
- Raise awareness and orientation to things such as time, date and place
- Increase attention-span and decrease frustration level
- Provide an opportunity to enhance emotional imagination, be creative and have fun